American Gold Eagle coin is the official bullion gold coin of the United States which was first released in 1986 by the US Mint after the authorization under the Gold Bullion Coin Act of 1985. The American gold eagle 1 oz Coin has been a highly coveted choice among collectors due to its stunning design and impeccable quality American Eagle gold bullion coins are produced exclusively out of legal gold mined in America.
The 1 oz American Gold Eagle Coin bears a face value of $50 but the gold value is much more. These Gold coins are alloyed with silver and copper and have a purity of 91.67% or 22k which means they are more wear-resistant coins. Although these Eagle Coins are made of 22k gold, it still contains 1 troy oz of pure gold as the coin itself weighs around 1.0909 troy oz total, resulting in 1 troy oz of pure gold content.
The 1 oz Gold American Eagle coin was introduced in 1986 and is 1.287 inches (32.7mm) in diameter, weighs 1.0909 Troy Oz ( 33.93 grams ) and has a denomination of $50 USD.
Since American Gold Eagle coins are legal in America, these gold coins are easy to buy and sell online. The coins are comprised entirely of American gold, making them the best USA mint gold coins, and their authenticity is guaranteed by the US government. Most of these coins are minted in West Point.
Investing in gold such as these can be a great way to diversify your precious metal portfolio. You can buy gold bullion coins such as American Eagle gold coins that are backed by a precious metal certificate. This means that if the value of gold goes up, you will be protected. If gold goes down, you are not at risk because you can just redeem your coin for cash. Most people only look at the value of the coins on the day of sale.
As an investment piece, this type of bullion has always been among those that are considered as a safe haven asset which means they will hold their value even during times when other investments like stocks can go down dramatically making them an excellent choice.
Although the 1 oz American Gold Eagle coins are found in limited amounts, they can also be used for investors who want to put a significant amount of wealth into coins for safekeeping. With the gold market continuing to skyrocket, there may be no better time than now to buy the 1 oz gold American eagle coin.
Also, consider buying 1 oz American Silver Eagle Coin(Random Year).
Design of 1 oz American Gold Eagle Coin
The obverse side of the 1 oz Gold American Eagle coin features the design based on the Saint – Gaudens’ Double Eagle which was designed by Augustus Saint Gaudens and introduced into circulation in 1907. The Double Eagle is considered the most beautiful design ever produced by the US Mint till up today and the double eagle design is adapted to feature the new American Gold Eagle Coin.
The obverse design of 1 oz American Gold Eagle coin features the most iconic images that have ever been integrated into a coin design. The Lady Liberty with her long hair striding forward on the mountaintop with rays of the sun rising behind her, holding a torch in her right hand, and the olive branch of peace on the left is depicted on the coin. The word “Liberty” is depicted at the top of the Lady Liberty and the image of the Capitol building along with the year of mintage is depicted on the bottom of the coin.
On the reverse side of the coin are the American eagles for which the coin is named. The reverse of the American Eagle 1 oz Gold Coin features the depiction of a family of American bald eagles, surrounded by an encircling shield which was designed by the sculptor Miley Busiek. The reverse side features the bald American eagle carrying an olive branch flying above its nest where her young are awaiting feeding while inscriptions read “E Pluribus Unum” meaning from many – one and “In God We Trust”. The Phrase “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” is displayed at the top along with the weight, purity, and denomination displayed at the bottom.
Main Highlights of American Gold Eagle 1 oz Coin
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9167 fine gold
- Official bullion gold coin of the United States.
- Manufactured by the US Mint.
- Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- Each Gold coin comes in plastic flips.
- Bears a face value of USD $50 and is backed by the Federal Government.
- Eligible for Precious Metal IRAs.
- Features the depiction of Lady Liberty with a torch and olive branch on the obverse.
- Features the depiction of a family of magnificent American bald eagles along with the weight, purity, and denomination of the gold.
Product Specifications: American 1 oz Eagle Gold Coin
|Brand||The United States Mint|
|Purity||.9167 ( 22 karats)|
|Categorized Weight||1 Oz|
|Actual Gold Content||1 Troy Oz ( 31.103 Grams )|
|Gross Weight ( including silver & copper )||1.0909 Troy Oz ( 33.93 grams )|
|Made In||Primarily West Point|
Why Buy these American Eagle 1 oz Gold Coins?
- American Eagle gold coins can be used as money. The 1985 legal tender status was granted to the gold American Eagle coin by the United States Congress. This precious piece of US gold has been produced continuously since the 1930s.
- American Eagle gold coins can be liquidized and recognized. The United States Mint has issued approximately 30 million coins to date. This is the reason for the worldwide recognition and acceptance of American Eagle gold coins.
- American Eagle gold coins last a lifetime. They are made from pure gold alloy (91.67% pure) at 22 karats. The remainder of the alloy is made up of silver and copper. This strengthens the coin’s surface and makes it more durable, making it easier to handle.
- American Eagle gold coins can be used as savings. American Eagle bullion coins are a great choice for long-term investors who value the security and stability that comes with physical legal tender gold coins.
- American Eagle gold coins can be a great way to diversify your portfolio. American Eagle coins are a good portfolio hedge against market risks because of their low correlation to other financial assets.
- American Eagle gold coins track gold prices. American Eagle gold coins are valued primarily by their fine gold content, which is tied to the current gold price.
The American Gold Eagle Coin has been able to remain consistently in the premium price range, making it a favored investment. In tough economic times, the demand for this American Eagle Bullion Coin is likely to increase, which will drive up its value. If you are trying to protect your portfolio against fluctuating prices, then buying 1 oz American Gold Eagle coins is definitely a wise move.
Buying the Coin from Us
There are plenty of fake gold American eagles in the market. You can identify the fake coins by looking at subtle differences in the design of the coin. But, to be absolutely sure you have to take a purity test. When you buy gold Eagles from Bullion Trading LLC, you can be confident that you are purchasing genuine United States coinage.
We have physical as well as online stores. When buying from our physical store located at 20 West 47th Street Lower Level #24, New York, NY 10036, you’ll be able to see other iconic coins firsthand. Also, we are known for great customer service.
You can use Check, Cash, & Paypal. as your payment method.
We also carry the American Eagle 1/2 oz Gold Coin & 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle Coin.
You might also like American Buffalo Gold Coin.
Learn more about how to buy gold & silver.
There are no reviews yet.