The South African Krugerrand Gold Coins is one of the world’s oldest and most recognizable gold bullion coins. Before other governments around the world decided to mint their own bullion coins, the 1 oz South African gold krugerrand coin was the #1 choice for investors across the world. The purpose of the original issue was to encourage individual ownership of the gold and it was said the krugerrand golds clearly met the objective.
The 1 oz South African Gold Krugerrand Coin is by far the most popular 1 oz gold bullion coin in the world. The 1 oz Gold Krugerrand was the world’s first modern bullion coin struck in 1967 by the South African Mint Company. Prior to its release, gold coins were usually commemorative coins meant for collectors, so 1 oz Gold Coin Krugerrand marked a major shift in how people bought and sold gold. They created an entirely new market!
The Krugerrand is Africa’s premium bullion coin and was first released in 1967. While there are other coins minted on behalf of the African government throughout the continent, Krugerrand is one of the few gold coins to be produced within an African country. Kruger is a combination of the words “Kruger” and “rand,” which refers to a South African currency. It doesn’t get any purer than a genuine Krugerrand in terms of purity.
In the 1960s South Africa Chamber of Mines introduced the Krugerrand to encourage physical gold as an investment option for the “man on street”. In 1967, the Krugerrand was made legal tender and contained one troy ounce fine gold with copper. To make the coin more durable and long-lasting, it is made of a copper-gold alloy. The unique feature of this gold coin was its lack of denomination. Its face value was linked to the daily gold price.
The 1 oz South African Gold Krugerrand coin is made of 22 karat gold (91 per cent pure), with copper making up the rest of the weight. Copper is extremely hardy and gives the Krugerrand an orange tint, similar to crown gold. Krugerrands, which are 22-carat gold, weigh more than one troy ounce. South African Gold Krugerrands, therefore, contain only 1 troy ounce(24-carat) of fine gold. The year of this limited mintage gold 1 oz Krugerrand may vary depending on the availability of the coin in our inventory.
Design of South African 1 oz Gold Coin Krugerrand
The designs on the South African Krugerrand Gold Coins are well-recognized all over the world hence they are easy to trade and liquidate. The South African 1 oz Gold Krugerrand Coins were the first bullion coins issued legal tender status but they do not a face value engraving on them.
The 1 oz South African Gold Krugerrand coin’s obverse features Paul Kruger, a former president and leader of the Boers that controlled Johannesburg during its initial development. Below his portrait is “South Africa” written in three lines along with “Suid-Afrika” which translates to English as “South Africa”.
The South African 1 oz Gold Coin on the reverse features a design created by Coeret Steynberg and shows Africa’s national animal Springbok, an antelope that is native to South Africa. It can be seen prancing to the right. It divides the four digits of the year side with two numbers on each side of the springbok. The top half of the rim is covered by the term “KRUGERRAND”. The bottom rim contains the inscription “FYNGOLD 1 OZ FINE GOLD” which specifies the weight of the gold coin in both English and Afrikaans.
Main Highlights of South African Gold Krugerrands 1 oz Coin
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9167 fine gold.
- Produced by the South African Mint.
- Legal tender of South Africa
- Each Gold Coins comes in a protective packaging
- Features the depiction of a portrait of Paul Krugger, a former South African president, and liberator, designed by Otto Schultz along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English on the obverse.
- Features the depiction of Africa’s national animal, a springbok antelope which was created by Coert Steynberg on the reverse.
Product Specifications: South African 1 oz Krugerrands Gold Coins
|Brand||South African Mint|
|Weight||1 troy oz|
Why buy these South African Krugerrand 1 ounce Gold Coins?
- The South Gold Krugerrand is still a highly sought-after choice for gold bullion, proving its value.
- These 1 oz Krugerrands Gold coins are a popular collectible and are considered a solid investment.
- The Krugerrand 1 oz gold coin is a great addition to the collection of bullion designs that many countries incorporate wildlife.
- Protect yourself and your loved one from the inevitable, degrading economic trends.
- Gold has been an investment option of solid quality for centuries. The 1 oz Gold Krugerrand coin will diversify your portfolio while enhancing your existing assets.
Buying 1 oz South African Gold Krugerrand Coin(Random Year) From Us
Bullion Trading LLC offers 1 oz South African Gold Krugerrand Coin(Random Year) at the most reasonable prices. We have a physical store as well as an online store. When buying from our physical store located at 20 West 47th Street, Lower Level # 24, New York, NY 10036, you’ll be able to see other iconic coins firsthand. Also, we are known for excellent customer service.
You can use checks, cash, bitcoin, PayPal, e.t.c. as your payment methods.