The Royal Mint of England issues British Silver Britannia Coins. These coins are also the official silver bullion specimens. This coin features the latest effigy of Queen Elizabeth II from Jody Clark on the Obverse, whereas Philip Nathan on the reverse. The 2020 coins mark the 24th issue of these coins. These coins are available to purchase online from Bullion Trading LLC.
2020 Great Britain 1 oz Silver Britannia Coin Highlights:
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in protective packaging. Multiples of 25 come in mint tubes.
- Features The Royal Mint’s guilloché obverse design.
- Obverse: Effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 2 pounds.
- Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times. A radial sunburst design behind Britannia adds anti-counterfeiting protection Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Product Specifications: 2020 Great Britain 1 oz Silver Britannia Coin
|Weight||1 Troy oz|
The Royal Mint:
Since 1886, The Royal Mint has been active in manufacturing coins for the UK. In addition, the Royal Mint has been responsible for circulating coinage in the UK and mints coins for other countries, and many commemorative releases.
The Great Britain Britannia Series:
The Royal Mint produced a 1 oz Silver Britannia coin in 1997, following the popularity of Gold Britannia bullion coins introduced in 1987. It was only issued as proof and with a mintage of 20,000. The coin produced between 1998 and 2012 includes .958 fine Silver and not the usual British sterling that is .925, and the bullion coins of 2013 being the first that contains .999 fine.
The Great Britain Silver Britannia Coin Design:
This famous series is a worldwide acclaimed image of Britannia fighting back against a fierce storm. Her image has represented Britain’s integrity and strength in coinage from Roman times. The coin’s distinctive reverse design is a speckled sunburst design that acts as a deterrent to counterfeits.
Precious Metals IRA:
For items to be eligible for a Precious Metals IRA, they need to satisfy the minimum requirements for fineness as defined by the IRS. 1 OZ Silver Britannia coins are eligible to apply for a Precious Metals IRA because they comply with the .999 quality requirement.