2020 South African 1 oz silver krugerrand coin is the perfect investment for anyone looking to buy a South African Krugerrand. The 1 oz Silver Krugerrand Coin is a 1 troy ounce .999 silver bullion coin minted by the South African Mint. The 1 oz weight and .999 purity create an attractive purchase with over 1 ounce of pure silver content, making this one of the best coins on the market for its price point!
South Africa’s 1-ounce silver coins are internationally recognized as one of the most recognizable and highly sought after bullion pieces in modern-day investing markets. The 1 oz Silver Krugerrand Coin has been minted every year since the introduction with slight changes to add security features and deter counterfeiting.
The South African Mints’ first silver Krugerrand was released in 2017. The Silver Krugerrand’s first release by the South African Mints was in 2017. Even a Platinum Krugerrand was offered by the mint that year.
Design of South African 2020 1 oz Silver Krugerrand Coin
The obverse features an image of Paul Kruger designed by Otto Schultz, the first president at the foundation of South Africa who played a critical role during its early development into one nation from many provinces. The left-facing portrait of Paul Kruger is depicted along with the terms “SUID-AFRIKA” and “SOUTH AFRICA”.
On the reverse side is the springbok antelope which was selected to symbolise financial strength with its name meaning “gazelle” or “springing animal” in the Afrikaans language; as well as being considered a national game animal for South African wildlife management areas. On the reverse, inscriptions include “KRUGERRAND” and “2021”, as well as the purity of the coin and its weight.
Main Highlights of 1 oz South African Silver Krugerrand Coin
- Contains 1 troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- Produced by the South African Mint.
- Multiples of 25 coins are packed in tubes. Multiples of 500 coins are packed in “Monster Boxes”. All other coins will come in protective packaging or capsules.
- Bears the face value of 1 rand which is backed by the South African government.
- Obverse: A likeness of Paul Kruger (South Africa’s first president), along with the English and Afrikaans “South Africa” respectively.
- Reverse: The Springbok antelope is South Africa’s national animal. It also includes the year of minting and face value.
Product Specification: South African 1 oz Silver Krugerrand Coin
|Brand||South African Mint|
|Weight||1 troy oz|